ClassX Player System Requirements & Troubleshooting
If you were asked to visit this page without having used ClassX before, please take a look at the system requirements below, and verify that you can play ClassX videos by visiting this link to the ClassX Silverlight player and/or this link to the ClassX Flash player. If you are having trouble viewing the video, please follow the troubleshooting procedure below. If you still cannot play ClassX videos, please send an email to email@example.com.
System Requirements (any of the following)
- Windows XP or newer, with 2 GB of RAM or higher, one of the following browsers (Firefox, IE 7 or higher, or Chrome), one of the following (Adobe Flash player v10.3 or higher or Microsoft Silverlight v3 or higher)
- Mac OS, with 2 GB of RAM or higher, one of the following browsers (Firefox, Safari, or Chrome), one of the following (Adobe Flash player v10.3 or higher or Microsoft Silverlight v3 or higher)
If your system satisfies the requirements above, but yet you are unable to watch ClassX videos, please follow the steps below.
A. Ruling Out Other Causes
Here, we want to verify that the problem is not caused by other components, such as the video presentation itself or your system.
- Visit http://classx.stanford.edu/ClassX, and try to watch any other video from any of the courses listed there. If the videos play properly, the problem might be with the specific video you were trying to play first. Please report this issue to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the name of the subject and video you couldn't watch.
- If the previous step doesn't work, restart your machine.
B. Reinstalling/Updating your Runtime Environments and ClassX Players
- Clear your borwser's cache.
- Update your Silverlight and/or Flash plugins.
- Reload the ClassX page you were trying to view.
C. Testing browser/OS compatibility
Even if your system satisfies the requirements above, there are some rare conditions in which Flash or Silverlight may not work properly on a specific browser and system. Let's get this part cleared.
- Test the ClassX player on other browsers (Mac: Firefox, Safari, or Chrome | Windows: Firefox, IE 7+, or Chrome)
- If you cannot play ClassX videos on any of the browsers listed for your OS, please contact email@example.com
D. Known Issues
Firefox on Mac: If you are using FF 4+ on a Mac, please make sure you are running Firefox in 32-bit mode. To restart Firefox in 32-bit mode, locate your FF app, right click it, and check the box "Open in 32-bit mode".